Alexander Daniels is currently in partnership with a locally grown expanding business based in Telford to recruit for a Projects Engineer. This is a pivotal position within our clients engineering team as the candidate will be responsible for the manufacturing of safety critical equipment.
• Through the effective systematic application of AQP, manage the successful introduction of new business opportunities from concept through to serial supply
• To introduce new business that shall improve the company’s operational performance by exceeding Launch and Business Plan targets
• To manage and exceed customer expectations
• Receive new business opportunity leads and support the expedient supply of data and specifications to secure profitable business
• Liaise closely with the customer to understand and manage their expectations in terms of quality, cost, delivery, design, manufacture, and final assembly of new business.
• Liaise with the Manufacturing, Design, Quality and Finance Teams in order to identify the most cost-effective process route for the business
• Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of all AQP activities
• To provide flexible support for multi-customer launch projects.
• Ensure that BPCS BOM and routing data is entered into the system correctly and in a timely manner
• Hold regular, consistent multi-functional AQP meetings to ensure the allocation of tasks to the appropriate personnel
• Ensure the timely completion of AQP tasks, taking pro-active corrective actions to prevent project completion delay
• Any issues that may cause a delay in the project deadlines must be flagged and escalated
• Communicate to the customer the precise project window/s for launch activities to maintain resource and activity control within the business
• Through professional communication inform the customer of their need to be timely with programme information and project order cover
• Complete regular project updates in preparation for Launch Review and Management Summary reporting on the Intranet.
• Prepare Milestone Review data for presentation to the Senior Management Team
• Through the application of AQP, manage the run-out of previous projects with the Manufacturing Team to ensure that service parts are catered for and obsolescence is minimise
• Provide easily accessible means to all soft and hard copies of all customer/and company launch data through logical document filing
• Supported by the Technology Group and in line with the business strategy, drive the standardisation of our products through the sales department and directly with the customer where applicable
• Additionally, through close customer liaison, drive the optimisation of part designs to allow part processing of cost effective manufacturing processes
• Ensure that the agreed capital and revenue project budgets are respected at all times.
• Follow the project through into successful launch, ensuring that effective process controls have been installed
• Confirm the final project performance on completion, summarise for the benefit of future projects and communicate to functional departmental heads
• To identify and review progress towards the detailed departmental and individual activities.
• To contribute as a staff member to the total management of the business and the objectives of the Business Plan.
• To develop and implement plans to continuously improve all of the above.
• Strong manufacturing background
• Previous experience with managing medium to large projects
• Formal Engineering Qualification, Reading Engineering Drawings
• Engineering Manufacturing Environment, Automotive Experience
You will have good business sense, an understanding of the impact of decisions made, and strong attention to detail.